Thursday, May 15, 2014

How Subway CEO Fred DeLuca Would Solve The Minimum Wage Issue

"I personally think that if I were in charge of the government, I would index the minimum wage to inflation so that way everybody knows what they can count on. The employees know they’re going to get increases on a regular basis. The management knows that they’re going to have to pay a little bit more with inflation. It just seems much more sensible and fair to me. I don’t know why it hasn’t been done like that. I would do it that way because in the long, long run it’s going to approximate the change in inflation."
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Subway CEO Fred DeLuca  breaking apart from other CEO's with a somewhat noble take on the minimum wage issue. His company is one of the fast food entities that has been charged with paying meager wages. DeLuca says it is  a store-level problem that the franchise-heavy company itself has been attempting to address.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for investing your time to share your valuable insight on this post and topic.