Monday, September 14, 2015

Listening To Music At A Stoplight Got This Woman A Trip To The Mental Hospital

Kamilah Brock
I have to walk this one back to September 2014.

Kamilah Brock was sitting in her BMW at a stop light in Harlem. Some high-octane jam coming out of her Beemer's speakers had Brock moving, grooving and clapping her hands.That is when she says a police officer approached her vehicle and asked her why she was driving without her hands on the steering wheel. Yeah, I know - the vehicle wasn't moving. That bizarre observation is the lead-in to an even more bizzare and weird experience that Brock says landed her in a mental institution.

Brock says the encounter at the stoplight with the officer resulted with her being taken into custody and transported to the NYPD's 30th Precinct. She says after she was held for a few hours and released without charges, police told her she could pick up her car the next day.

Brock goes to a police substation get her BMW.

Brock say this is what happened.

"They put me in handcuffs and said they just need to put me in handcuffs to take me to my car. And I said OK, whatever it's gonna take to get to my car.
"Then EMS approached me," she continued. "And they said we're gonna take you to your car. And I'm like, in an ambulance? I'm going to my car in an ambulance? I'm going to my car in an ambulance? I was just so confused."
Brock's attorney Michael Samonsoff says instead of releasing her vehicle authorities  transported Brock to Harlem Hospital, where she was injected with powerful sedatives.

WTF?

Well, the stay at the mental facility generated records - so it's a fact Brock was there.  The records reveal that over the course of her eight-day stay, Brock was injected with powerful sedatives and personnel at the hospital repeatedly tried to get Brock to deny three things before she could be released.
  1. She owned the BMW 
  2. She was a professional banker, 
  3. President Barack Obama followed her on Twitter. 
Three things authorities could have verified themselves! A registration check by the cop at the stoplight could have verified she owned the BMW. A background check would have confirmed she is a banker. And a simple Twitter search of her twitter username would have proven Barack Obama is one of her followers. (I'm not sure how verification of this last one ties into validating her sanity).

Now according to Brocks attorney she owns a BMW, is a professional banker, and is followed by Barack Obama on Twitter. Still I'm perplexed as to how these things establish a person's mental state.

See and hear Brock talk about this weirdness.

And for a grand finale to this curious story when  Brock was finally released from the hospital, the lawsuit states, she was slapped with a $13,000 medical bill.

Brock is suing.

As of this post, this is a one sided story - the authorities involved are yet to share details of their version. They need to fill a lot of blanks in this bizarre story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for investing your time to share your valuable insight on this post and topic.